A Touch Of History On Locks
Be it directly or indirectly, Georgia locksmiths deal with all sorts of companies in their line of work. Some big names for these companies are: Yale, Master Lock, Kwikset, Medeco, Schlage, Sentry, Olympus, Weiser, and American Lock USA.
Yale created and patented the first compact cylinder pin lock in 1845. They’re well-known as lock manufacturers and distributors. But they are only one of many who have made an important name for themselves. All locksmiths are acquainted with the Yale brand as well as the ones that follow.
Weiser Locks offer fashionable door wear. Their locks have been featured in films and used in the homes of Hollywood stars. They made a touchpad electronic deadbolt which allows temporary access for service personnel and babysitters. Locksmiths buy kits to rekey Weiser Locks when it is necessary.
Locks are used in many areas of our lives. We use them for bicycle locks, gun cabinets, safes, mailboxes, patio doors, furniture, lockers, and tool sheds. There is a high probability that there is something in every area of a home that has a lock of some type on it.
Georgia locksmiths have to learn the different tricks to the many brands as well as some of their background. The Master Lock brand are most likely used in some way in every household in America. Master Locks are known well by locksmiths. They are used in homes, businesses, schools, and many industries.
Kwikset manufactures residential door locks and door hardware. Deadbolts, door knobs, keyless entry locks, door levers, handlesets, and pocket door hardware are their specialties. Any locksmith in America can operate Kwikset brand products because they’re popular. Keyless entry presented a learning experience for locksmiths in Georgia.
Sentry locks are well known locks, too. Their line of safes is widely used and are great products for protecting valuables. The products are especially valuable in cases where fire, burglary, or natural disaster has caused keys to be lost, forgotten, or damaged.
Because burglars often use forced entry to steal from residences, a locksmith must know how to repair the damage done. This can include replacing the hardware that was damaged. If a locksmith doesn’t sell the brand the customer prefers, they must know where to find the right brand and how to install it or at least know of a reliable or more improved substitute.
Besides working with the brand names in their businesses, locksmiths can also find employment with lock manufacturing companies. Companies such as Sentry offer excellent benefits and perks to their employees. Some of these include dry cleaning services, on-site fitness centers, pre-paid legal services, and discounted insurance rates.
American Lock manufactures locks for outdoor security and industrial security as well as many different types of padlocks. There are important items that must remain outdoors that often need to be locked for security purposes. Industrial security requires industrial locks.
Besides the regular types of locks that are attached to outdoor equipment, there is also the equipment that has built-in locks. Lawnmowers, power boats, four wheelers, and other items that people invest in and need keys to use. Locksmiths can be called for these items as well, to keep from damaging the ignitions when a key is lost. So, the locksmiths must also be acquainted with the brands of locks used in outdoor equipment.
Armed Robbery - How to Prevent an Armed Robbery and What To Do Should One Occur
Armed or aggravated robbery is basically the taking of property force, or by implied force. Robbery can be a traumatic experience for the respective victims, their families and witnesses to the event.
Retail and commercial entities that carry or deal with cash are potential targets for robbers.
It is my intent, that the following information serves to reduce your chances of being robbed through practical advice. This advice is also designed to assist robbery victims and witnesses help the police in the identification and apprehension of robbery offenders.
The Facts of Armed Robbery
- Armed or aggravated robberies typically have increased in recent years.
- The typical time it takes to commit an armed robbery is less than 90 seconds.
- Offenders are often irrational and hyped-up as many are substance abusers looking to secure money to fuel their drug habit.
- Offenders are focused on gaining quick access to cash and consider the amount of money on the premises; how to mask their appearance from identification and on how easy it will be to get away.
- 'Armed Robbery" is not committed with only a firearm. It can be through the use of a knife, club, or any other weapon that is likely to cause death or grievous bodily harm..
Be prepared For A Robbery
Your safety, and that of co-workers or family members should be of paramount concern. Always maintain an orientation to your surroundings and to security. You should plan for the possibility of an armed robbery. Think of any scenario that could take place in your establishment and develop a set procedure for all to follow. By doing so, you can help to minimize risk, reduce your loss, prevent injury or even death and help Police apprehend the offender/s should an armed robbery occur. Large businesses that deal in large amounts of cash should have their cash collected by contracting with a secure armored car company.
- If the offender has a firearm, or implies that he has a gun under clothing, always consider it loaded. Your life and personal safety far outweighs the value of money.
- Do not stare, but try to note the offenders' description - physical features, clothing, weapons and actions
- Once it is safe, try to note the direction the offenders fled after the robbery. If possible, also note vehicle details make, model, year, color, tag and any distinguishing features of the vehicle. Don't chase the offender's vehicle in your vehicle.
- Dial 9-11 and ask for the Police to be dispatched as soon as the offender has left. Stay on the line with the Police until they arrive to provide as much information as possible with regard to the occurrence.
- Crime Scene preservation is crucial. Evidence may be collected that leads to the arrest and conviction of the offender. Restrict entrance to the establishment after the robbery. Isolate the area used by the offender and ask witnesses to stay until the Police have arrived and spoken with them. It is important to not touch anything the offender may have touched such as doors, counters or notes demanding money.
I also recommend that you have your local police agency conduct a security survey. This service is usually free of cost. There are other private accredited security professionals that can be hired to assess your risk of robbery and help you implement preventative measures.
Modern Exterior Front Doors For Homes
The most popular front doors people could be buying today have to be modern style exterior front doors.
Some people likes old French doors, while others like this the old fashioned entry ways. However since early 2010 more modern style doors could be being shipped each day in contrast To vintage style doors.
A modern style glass exterior door with modern entry ways in particular, digital keypads should be becoming more accepted. A few homestead owners have to be looking as more modern replacement front doors as an excuse how to usage new fancy electronic devices.
It's the next best thing these days. While most are remodeling the interiors of their home, many are going for curb appeal with new front entry way improvements
It's no surprise that people should be upgrading their homes using brand new features. Now is the time To modernize a new home while prices probably are still down. A year from now the value on an exterior front door will certainly be higher than today.
- Most Trusted Master Locksmith Georgia
- Commercial Locksmiths Atlanta
- Home Lockout Service Aldora
- Commercial Door Repair Barnesville
- Commercial Locksmiths Brooks
- Master Locksmith Butler
- Locksmith Master Key System College Park
- Locksmith Services Concord
- Locksmith For Business Conley
- Locksmith Master Key System Culloden
- Certified Master Locksmiths Fairburn
- Locksmith Phone Number Fayetteville
- Commercial Re-keying Flippen
- Mobile Locksmith Flovilla
- Commercial Locksmiths Forest Park
- Commercial Re-keying Forsyth
- Commercial Door Repair Gay
- Best Locksmiths Grantville
- Master Locksmith Commercial Greenville
- Residential Locksmiths Griffin
- Locksmith For Business Hampton
- Mobile Locksmith Haralson
- Commercial Re-keying Hapeville
- Certified Master Locksmiths Jackson
- Commercial Re-keying Jenkinsburg
- Trusted Locksmiths Jonesboro
- Industrial Locksmiths Locust Grove
- Certified Master Locksmiths Lovejoy
- Top Master Locksmith Luthersville
- Locksmith Re-key Macon
- Locksmith For House McDonough
- Locksmith Master Key System Milner
- Locksmith For Business Meansville
- Most Trusted Master Locksmith Molena
- Locksmith Services Monticello
- Locksmith Re-key Moreland
- Locksmiths Local Morrow
- Local Residential Locksmiths Musella
- Locksmiths Local Newnan
- Certified Master Locksmiths Orchard Hill
- Locksmith For House Palmetto
- Locksmiths Local Peachtree City
- Industrial Locksmiths Rex
- Top Master Locksmith Reynolds
- Professional Residential Locksmiths Riverdale
- Professional Residential Locksmiths Roberta
- Top Master Locksmith Senoia
- Locksmith Keys Shady Dale
- Industrial Locksmiths Sharpsburg
- Local Residential Locksmiths Stockbridge
- Certified Master Locksmiths Sunnyside
- Locksmiths Thomaston
- Commercial Door Repair Turin
- Commercial Door Repair Tyrone
- Home Lockout Service Union City
- Locksmith Master Key System Warner Robins
- Commercial Re-keying Williamson
- Industrial Locksmiths Woodbury
- Local Locksmiths Woolsey
- Mobile Locksmith Yatesville
- Master Locksmith Commercial Zebulon
- Home Lockout Service Clayton County
- Master Locksmith Commercial Fayette County
- Master Locksmith Henry County
- Commercial Locksmiths Coweta County
- Certified Master Locksmiths Spaulding County
- Commercial Re-keying Butts County
- Locksmith Re-key Pike County
- Locksmith For Business Lamar County
- Professional Residential Locksmiths Fulton County
- Local Locksmiths South Fulton County
- Top Master Locksmith Bibb County
- Locksmith Re-key Meriweather County
- Local Locksmiths Upson County
- Commercial Re-keying Monroe County