A Touch Of History On Locks
Be it directly or indirectly, Georgia locksmiths deal with all sorts of companies in their line of work. Some big names for these companies are: Yale, Master Lock, Kwikset, Medeco, Schlage, Sentry, Olympus, Weiser, and American Lock USA.
Yale created and patented the first compact cylinder pin lock in 1845. They’re well-known as lock manufacturers and distributors. But they are only one of many who have made an important name for themselves. All locksmiths are acquainted with the Yale brand as well as the ones that follow.
Weiser Locks offer fashionable door wear. Their locks have been featured in films and used in the homes of Hollywood stars. They made a touchpad electronic deadbolt which allows temporary access for service personnel and babysitters. Locksmiths buy kits to rekey Weiser Locks when it is necessary.
Locks are used in many areas of our lives. We use them for bicycle locks, gun cabinets, safes, mailboxes, patio doors, furniture, lockers, and tool sheds. There is a high probability that there is something in every area of a home that has a lock of some type on it.
Georgia locksmiths have to learn the different tricks to the many brands as well as some of their background. The Master Lock brand are most likely used in some way in every household in America. Master Locks are known well by locksmiths. They are used in homes, businesses, schools, and many industries.
Kwikset manufactures residential door locks and door hardware. Deadbolts, door knobs, keyless entry locks, door levers, handlesets, and pocket door hardware are their specialties. Any locksmith in America can operate Kwikset brand products because they’re popular. Keyless entry presented a learning experience for locksmiths in Georgia.
Sentry locks are well known locks, too. Their line of safes is widely used and are great products for protecting valuables. The products are especially valuable in cases where fire, burglary, or natural disaster has caused keys to be lost, forgotten, or damaged.
Because burglars often use forced entry to steal from residences, a locksmith must know how to repair the damage done. This can include replacing the hardware that was damaged. If a locksmith doesn’t sell the brand the customer prefers, they must know where to find the right brand and how to install it or at least know of a reliable or more improved substitute.
Besides working with the brand names in their businesses, locksmiths can also find employment with lock manufacturing companies. Companies such as Sentry offer excellent benefits and perks to their employees. Some of these include dry cleaning services, on-site fitness centers, pre-paid legal services, and discounted insurance rates.
American Lock manufactures locks for outdoor security and industrial security as well as many different types of padlocks. There are important items that must remain outdoors that often need to be locked for security purposes. Industrial security requires industrial locks.
Besides the regular types of locks that are attached to outdoor equipment, there is also the equipment that has built-in locks. Lawnmowers, power boats, four wheelers, and other items that people invest in and need keys to use. Locksmiths can be called for these items as well, to keep from damaging the ignitions when a key is lost. So, the locksmiths must also be acquainted with the brands of locks used in outdoor equipment.
Before You Go - Steps to Prevent Home Robbery While You're Away
Locked out of your house? Unless you have a spare key or know someone who does, it may be time to contact a locksmith. Locksmiths play a very critical role in society. They not only help people out of sticky situations, but they also install, build and repair locks and other security devices (vaults, safes and alarm systems), and duplicate keys. Locksmith can also recommend good quality security devices. As security appears to be a growing concern, locksmiths must continually update and maintain security devices. Although it is possible to fix such problems on your own or by using another resource, locksmiths are the most knowledgeable, accurate and efficient.
The fee for hiring a locksmith will vary depending on the individual locksmith, the locksmith company, and the specific job being done.
Attempting to pick your lock or take apart your security system on your own is not recommended. Trying such things on your own could do further damage and cost you more money in the end. Hiring a qualified locksmith is a much safer decision. The locksmith will ensure that the job is done quickly and correctly.
What to Avoid in a Locksmith
Recently, there was a high profile home invasion in Atlanta where a mother and two daughters were killed. The husband survived the vicious attack. It happened in a well- to-do, relatively crime free neighborhood, to a respected medical doctor and his family. This horrendous attack became an extremely high profile case and ended up being broadcast all over national television.
One national talk show had three experts discussing the case and home invasions in general. After about 20 minutes of conversation that really was quite superficial, I came away with a few steps people can do to help themselves. However, the general consensus seemed that there wasn't too much we can do to stop home invasions. I was taken aback as this simply is not true. There are many positive actions we can take to protect ourselves.
I've listed some effective tips that work to curtail, limit or stop home invasions. You don't have to use all of them to be effective; you can use one or you can utilize them all.
There are actually more things you could do to help yourself, but the tips mentioned cover all the major areas, except the most important one--lock your doors! So many families, mostly in "good neighborhoods" do not lock their doors. Countless instances of home burglary, rape and death have occurred because doors were left unlocked and predators had an easy way in. This is a simple fact most people do not know. We live in a mobile society where a bad neighborhood is just a short ride away from a good neighborhood.
Like any thing in life, solutions to problems come about from taking action. If you're concerned for your family's safety regarding home invasions, follow some of the easy tips mentioned and you'll certainly be better off.
- Most Trusted Master Locksmith Georgia
- Commercial Locksmiths Atlanta
- Home Lockout Service Aldora
- Commercial Door Repair Barnesville
- Commercial Locksmiths Brooks
- Master Locksmith Butler
- Locksmith Master Key System College Park
- Locksmith Services Concord
- Locksmith For Business Conley
- Locksmith Master Key System Culloden
- Certified Master Locksmiths Fairburn
- Locksmith Phone Number Fayetteville
- Commercial Re-keying Flippen
- Mobile Locksmith Flovilla
- Commercial Locksmiths Forest Park
- Commercial Re-keying Forsyth
- Commercial Door Repair Gay
- Best Locksmiths Grantville
- Master Locksmith Commercial Greenville
- Residential Locksmiths Griffin
- Locksmith For Business Hampton
- Mobile Locksmith Haralson
- Commercial Re-keying Hapeville
- Certified Master Locksmiths Jackson
- Commercial Re-keying Jenkinsburg
- Trusted Locksmiths Jonesboro
- Industrial Locksmiths Locust Grove
- Certified Master Locksmiths Lovejoy
- Top Master Locksmith Luthersville
- Locksmith Re-key Macon
- Locksmith For House McDonough
- Locksmith Master Key System Milner
- Locksmith For Business Meansville
- Most Trusted Master Locksmith Molena
- Locksmith Services Monticello
- Locksmith Re-key Moreland
- Locksmiths Local Morrow
- Local Residential Locksmiths Musella
- Locksmiths Local Newnan
- Certified Master Locksmiths Orchard Hill
- Locksmith For House Palmetto
- Locksmiths Local Peachtree City
- Industrial Locksmiths Rex
- Top Master Locksmith Reynolds
- Professional Residential Locksmiths Riverdale
- Professional Residential Locksmiths Roberta
- Top Master Locksmith Senoia
- Locksmith Keys Shady Dale
- Industrial Locksmiths Sharpsburg
- Local Residential Locksmiths Stockbridge
- Certified Master Locksmiths Sunnyside
- Locksmiths Thomaston
- Commercial Door Repair Turin
- Commercial Door Repair Tyrone
- Home Lockout Service Union City
- Locksmith Master Key System Warner Robins
- Commercial Re-keying Williamson
- Industrial Locksmiths Woodbury
- Local Locksmiths Woolsey
- Mobile Locksmith Yatesville
- Master Locksmith Commercial Zebulon
- Home Lockout Service Clayton County
- Master Locksmith Commercial Fayette County
- Master Locksmith Henry County
- Commercial Locksmiths Coweta County
- Certified Master Locksmiths Spaulding County
- Commercial Re-keying Butts County
- Locksmith Re-key Pike County
- Locksmith For Business Lamar County
- Professional Residential Locksmiths Fulton County
- Local Locksmiths South Fulton County
- Top Master Locksmith Bibb County
- Locksmith Re-key Meriweather County
- Local Locksmiths Upson County
- Commercial Re-keying Monroe County