A Touch Of History On Locks
Be it directly or indirectly, Georgia locksmiths deal with all sorts of companies in their line of work. Some big names for these companies are: Yale, Master Lock, Kwikset, Medeco, Schlage, Sentry, Olympus, Weiser, and American Lock USA.
Yale created and patented the first compact cylinder pin lock in 1845. They’re well-known as lock manufacturers and distributors. But they are only one of many who have made an important name for themselves. All locksmiths are acquainted with the Yale brand as well as the ones that follow.
Weiser Locks offer fashionable door wear. Their locks have been featured in films and used in the homes of Hollywood stars. They made a touchpad electronic deadbolt which allows temporary access for service personnel and babysitters. Locksmiths buy kits to rekey Weiser Locks when it is necessary.
Locks are used in many areas of our lives. We use them for bicycle locks, gun cabinets, safes, mailboxes, patio doors, furniture, lockers, and tool sheds. There is a high probability that there is something in every area of a home that has a lock of some type on it.
Georgia locksmiths have to learn the different tricks to the many brands as well as some of their background. The Master Lock brand are most likely used in some way in every household in America. Master Locks are known well by locksmiths. They are used in homes, businesses, schools, and many industries.
Kwikset manufactures residential door locks and door hardware. Deadbolts, door knobs, keyless entry locks, door levers, handlesets, and pocket door hardware are their specialties. Any locksmith in America can operate Kwikset brand products because they’re popular. Keyless entry presented a learning experience for locksmiths in Georgia.
Sentry locks are well known locks, too. Their line of safes is widely used and are great products for protecting valuables. The products are especially valuable in cases where fire, burglary, or natural disaster has caused keys to be lost, forgotten, or damaged.
Because burglars often use forced entry to steal from residences, a locksmith must know how to repair the damage done. This can include replacing the hardware that was damaged. If a locksmith doesn’t sell the brand the customer prefers, they must know where to find the right brand and how to install it or at least know of a reliable or more improved substitute.
Besides working with the brand names in their businesses, locksmiths can also find employment with lock manufacturing companies. Companies such as Sentry offer excellent benefits and perks to their employees. Some of these include dry cleaning services, on-site fitness centers, pre-paid legal services, and discounted insurance rates.
American Lock manufactures locks for outdoor security and industrial security as well as many different types of padlocks. There are important items that must remain outdoors that often need to be locked for security purposes. Industrial security requires industrial locks.
Besides the regular types of locks that are attached to outdoor equipment, there is also the equipment that has built-in locks. Lawnmowers, power boats, four wheelers, and other items that people invest in and need keys to use. Locksmiths can be called for these items as well, to keep from damaging the ignitions when a key is lost. So, the locksmiths must also be acquainted with the brands of locks used in outdoor equipment.
Magnetic Door Lock - Pros And Cons
It has been years now that you have been working like a donkey, multiple shifts a day, exhausting yourself to sleep every day, the only consolation being that you will probably manage enough to buy yourself a house soon. Working day in and day out, you finally save sufficient enough to make you the proud owner of a bungalow and a car to boast about. But at the end of the day, you end up doing a mistake people often make; that is, compromising on the quality of locks used or misplacing the only set of keys you had.
Now all the while that you have lost the only set of keys, your mind would be full of visions of how the most dangerous thief will catch hold of them and magically discover your house before you can reach back to safeguard it. Or even worse, while you stand outside keeping an eye, an armed group of dacoits might threaten you at gunpoint or shoot you at a point blank range. No!! Stop imagining. It would not ever reach that far. All you need to do is to call for a reliable locksmith service vendor.
Locksmith services are also en cashed upon in access control systems wherein a single key holds the entry to a multi door system, for example. Alarm systems are another region of application of locksmith services. Also intercom system safety can be ensured by asking for the help of professionals
Home Invasions and Home Security
Magnetic locks are among the most basic devices that are used by locksmiths when doing their job. If you aspire to become a technician in this field, then it is important to find out how it works, what it does, and the many benefits you can enjoy with its use.
Various Components of Magnetic Locks
Magnetic lock is also popularly referred to as mag lock, which is made up of an armature plate and an electromagnet that is widely used in the locksmith industry. The door opening is installed with a magnet inside of it to prevent any form of tampering with the device. Meanwhile, the armature plate is installed on the door's face to allow the mechanisms to work together efficiently.
As soon as the magnet is connected to an electrical source, there is a strong magnetic attraction that is built due to that connection. This helps to hold the magnet tight onto the plate that facilitates in a secure locking of the door. There are two ways in which the door lock is powered: 1) the use of a separate battery pack, or 2) the electrical system of the building. It is also possible to use DC power for the magnetic locks, which would require the additional use of a converter unit. There is also the ability to design these locks to become fail safe, which will ensure the door remains unlocked even if there is a power outage. Hence, occupants can exit the building safely even during such cases.
There are four basic methods of operating this type of lock. The first one is connected through a buzzer and operated manually to release the lock and open the door. The second one requires the use of a keypad system that required numerical code to activate the lock. The third one involves the use of card readers and is commonly used for commercial establishments. And finally, magnetic locks can be operated using fingerprint scanners that limit access into a building. Some more complex systems involve scanning various parts of the body such as the eye, facial features, among other things.
- Most Trusted Master Locksmith Georgia
- Commercial Locksmiths Atlanta
- Home Lockout Service Aldora
- Commercial Door Repair Barnesville
- Commercial Locksmiths Brooks
- Master Locksmith Butler
- Locksmith Master Key System College Park
- Locksmith Services Concord
- Locksmith For Business Conley
- Locksmith Master Key System Culloden
- Certified Master Locksmiths Fairburn
- Locksmith Phone Number Fayetteville
- Commercial Re-keying Flippen
- Mobile Locksmith Flovilla
- Commercial Locksmiths Forest Park
- Commercial Re-keying Forsyth
- Commercial Door Repair Gay
- Best Locksmiths Grantville
- Master Locksmith Commercial Greenville
- Residential Locksmiths Griffin
- Locksmith For Business Hampton
- Mobile Locksmith Haralson
- Commercial Re-keying Hapeville
- Certified Master Locksmiths Jackson
- Commercial Re-keying Jenkinsburg
- Trusted Locksmiths Jonesboro
- Industrial Locksmiths Locust Grove
- Certified Master Locksmiths Lovejoy
- Top Master Locksmith Luthersville
- Locksmith Re-key Macon
- Locksmith For House McDonough
- Locksmith Master Key System Milner
- Locksmith For Business Meansville
- Most Trusted Master Locksmith Molena
- Locksmith Services Monticello
- Locksmith Re-key Moreland
- Locksmiths Local Morrow
- Local Residential Locksmiths Musella
- Locksmiths Local Newnan
- Certified Master Locksmiths Orchard Hill
- Locksmith For House Palmetto
- Locksmiths Local Peachtree City
- Industrial Locksmiths Rex
- Top Master Locksmith Reynolds
- Professional Residential Locksmiths Riverdale
- Professional Residential Locksmiths Roberta
- Top Master Locksmith Senoia
- Locksmith Keys Shady Dale
- Industrial Locksmiths Sharpsburg
- Local Residential Locksmiths Stockbridge
- Certified Master Locksmiths Sunnyside
- Locksmiths Thomaston
- Commercial Door Repair Turin
- Commercial Door Repair Tyrone
- Home Lockout Service Union City
- Locksmith Master Key System Warner Robins
- Commercial Re-keying Williamson
- Industrial Locksmiths Woodbury
- Local Locksmiths Woolsey
- Mobile Locksmith Yatesville
- Master Locksmith Commercial Zebulon
- Home Lockout Service Clayton County
- Master Locksmith Commercial Fayette County
- Master Locksmith Henry County
- Commercial Locksmiths Coweta County
- Certified Master Locksmiths Spaulding County
- Commercial Re-keying Butts County
- Locksmith Re-key Pike County
- Locksmith For Business Lamar County
- Professional Residential Locksmiths Fulton County
- Local Locksmiths South Fulton County
- Top Master Locksmith Bibb County
- Locksmith Re-key Meriweather County
- Local Locksmiths Upson County
- Commercial Re-keying Monroe County